Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Katie's Fantastic Finish

Hi All,

I worked on a model piece for a designer I'm hoping to work with (fingers crossed!) last night so although I don't have anything finished to show today, my older daughter, Katie, did finish something last week after a month of flying fingers...
This is "Remember Me" by Birds of a Feather stitched on 14ct. white aida with the suggested DMC colors.  She did a great job; I like to think it had something to do with the teacher? :)  Thinking maybe orange mat with black frame (she said it's up to me) or maybe purple frame... decisions, decisions.

Everyone have a fantastic day and don't forget about my contest that's still ongoing for the 3 L*K charts---every time you comment on a post you get a chance, mention my blog on your FB page for other stitchers and send me the link to the post you get a chance, and if someone follows and tells me you sent them BOTH of you get a chance!  Let's reach 100 and remember to just keep stitching!~Nicole

9 comments:

  1. I love it..it is very sweet stitching
    Hugs for you
    Cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter her finish is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter did a fantastic job. If you want to go a cheaper route instead of framing, you could get material and make it into a wall hanging. I show my Halloween one made that way. It is on my blog. http://alilbitofstitching.blogspot.com It makes is nice for storage between holidays also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very cute finish! Your daughter did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice finish. How old is Katie. It must be so nice to have a daughter to stitch with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually been blessed with TWO daughters who I've taught to stitch: Katie is 17 and Mary is 15. :) One of my favorite things is to put on a movie, make some hot cocoa (with marshmallow snowmen, of course!), and stitch a wintery afternoon away with my girls.

    This piece is the largest that Katie's done. Mary's done some 5"x7" pieces but I think she's working on a smaller ornament at the moment which I'll post when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie did a fantastic job on her piece. I wish my daughter was interested in stitching, I've tried but no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finish I am a follower! Keep up the great stitching!
    Kim
    grannystitches2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that design! She did a great job!

    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete